Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Freddie Kitchens talks Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, O-line and more - Press Conference - clevelandbrowns.com

On if Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore stands out on the Patriots defense:

“No doubt. He is one of the best in the league.”

On Gilmore:

“He is able to run with guys. He is able to make plays on the ball, and the play is never over until the whistle blows. They are going to attack the football, even when the football is in the receiver’s hands. You see sometimes when the ball comes out after the catch, which ultimately, if you do not complete the catch, it is an incomplete pass. They do a tremendous job of attacking the football in the arms of the receivers.”

On if it is frustrating to see Collins playing so well with the Patriots after being released by the Browns in the offseason:

“Every time I watch the tape, there are 11 guys that frustrate you because they play so well, but Jamie is a good player for them.”

On if watching Patriots film is ‘the best lesson in attention to detail’:

“I think they do their job. I think everybody does their job. I think everybody takes pride in the fact that they do their job and they can trust each other to do their job. I think once you get to that point, of course, your success goes up because your reliability goes up, your dependability goes up and your accountability goes up. It all works hand in hand and they are one of the best or the best.”

On if the ‘do your job’ mantra has ties to Pro Football Hall of Fame Head Coach Bill Parcels, given both he and Belichick use it often:

“I learned it from coach Parcels, yes – the statement – but really if you simplify things, everybody has a job. If they do their job, your chances of success increases. It does not guarantee anything – you still have to play well – but you need to do your job. I know Coach Belichick was with Coach Parcels. I do not really know where it came from initially, but I know that is where I got it from, yes.”

On how to help keep a QB from ‘seeing ghosts’ during the course of the game, given NY Jets QB Sam Darnold’s comment on Monday:

“You strive every week to make your quarterback comfortable in the things you are calling and try to make him comfortable in the things he sees and where his eyes go and things like that. New England does a tremendous job – I am not going to comment too much on what was said there – but I know they do a tremendous job of affecting the quarterback, and you try to eliminate that as much as possible.”

On if he has concerns one his players might not realize they are on camera and have something they not want shared broadcast to the public:

“No, I do not really know what the question is Jake (Trotter). I am sorry. I do not want our players to ever seem like they are in a bad light, but I also want them to be themselves. You hope that they make good decisions. As far as what they say on the field, that is a whole another discussion about cameras, microphones and stuff like that. It is probably not the time or place to have that conversation.”

On if he was ever in a situation where he ‘saw ghosts’ when he played:

“Let me tell you about quarterbacks in the National Football League, they usually do not end up coaches. If they were any good at all, they probably are not coaches. I am not trying to dig anybody other than the fact that I was not very good so when I woke up in the morning, I usually saw ghosts. If I knew I was practicing that day – hell, ask the coaches I played for – I saw them. I do not know if it was ghosts that I was seeing, but it was something other than my receiver. Usually, I was seeing the other team’s colors because usually I threw more to them than I did mine.”

On players speaking their minds about officiating and league policies that result in fines:

“I like money so I am not going to complain about the officials. If they want to give their money to the league, they can do it. I do not know. I do not know how to answer that. It does not matter to me either way. I would like for them to keep their money, but I also like our guys to be passionate about what they are doing. They have a decision to make, I guess.”

On concerns that players complaining publicly about officials or league could put a target on the team:

“She is trying to get me fined now, right? We try to control what we can control, that is it. As long as those guys are not hurting the team, it does not matter. My concern is the team, and I do not want them hurting their team with comments and neither one of them has. As far as comments about officials and stuff like that, I am going to stay away from that because I can’t control the officials. I am not in their meetings. I am not in their pregame deals and all that kind of stuff. I just want to control our team from the standpoint of putting them in the best positon to win.”

On if the Browns are the healthiest they have been since the start of the season following the bye week:

“Yeah, I think there is no doubt about that.”

On S Damarious Randall’s status:

“He will be the only one not practicing today.”

On the timetable for Randall’s return:

“It is kind of just a day-to-day thing.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"line" - Google News
October 23, 2019 at 09:30AM
https://ift.tt/31CQ9Ux

Freddie Kitchens talks Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, O-line and more - Press Conference - clevelandbrowns.com
"line" - Google News
https://ift.tt/33OHZdp
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment