Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

TC Line calls for Monday, Nov. 4, 2019 - Longmont Times-Call

Police and traffic

Would somebody please tell me where the police (are) in Longmont, Boulder? … Where the highway patrol is? People are running … red lights, speeding all through Longmont, all through Boulder. I’ve had people passing me on my way to Boulder down Highway 52 (on) double yellow lines and go around me and pass me. And I’ve had the same thing happen going down Valmont from 287. … I’ve had people cut me off. Come on, get the cops out there. What are they doing?


I’m calling in reference to speeding and tickets in Longmont. I agree, the police department and officers are just stretched thin and can no longer write tickets. So why aren’t we using technology? There are cameras everywhere. Speeding isn’t OK, and people aren’t going to be sensible enough to follow the rules. Case in point: How many washrooms do you go into and there is a sign that says, “Wash your hands after using the facilities”? Really, we can’t figure that out? Do you think we’re going to … drive safely on our streets? … So again, let’s embrace technology. Let’s let the officers do what they need to do, and let’s write tickets based on visual evidence of what you’re doing wrong.


Interesting perspective of “I don’t see the police stopping cars so they must not be stopping cars for violations.” The Longmont police are caring, careful individuals, and I love the way they go about their business without interrupting our lives, as much as they can, so that we don’t feel like we live in a police state. I imagine if the person I saw policemen stopping cars all the time, he or she would be calling in with, “We live in a police state! We live in a police state!” So just be quiet and drive slowly.

Impeachment

The reason the American founders who wrote the Constitution included impeachment in the governing document (is that) they feared that the president might grow too powerful, and they wanted Congress, which is more accountable to the people, to have the ability to keep the power of the presidency in check.

Nervous Dems

No wonder the Democrats are so nervous. I just got home, turned on the TV and heard a report that black unemployment is the lowest it has ever been. Hispanic unemployment is the lowest it has ever been. Trump is doing great things for minorities, and the Democrats are scared.

GOP’s demise

This is about “Dems and media.” I’m not sure what fantasy land you’re living in … but that boomerang is stuck right between Donald Trump’s eyes. The Republican Party’s on the way to their demise.

Grammar girl

“Reverting back” is grammatically incorrect. “Revert” means “to return to a previous subject or condition.” So what you’re saying when you say “reverting back” is “go back back,” driving grammar girl crazy.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"line" - Google News
November 04, 2019 at 04:16AM
https://ift.tt/33bk8Vg

TC Line calls for Monday, Nov. 4, 2019 - Longmont Times-Call
"line" - Google News
https://ift.tt/33OHZdp
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment